Friday, February 15, 2013

I am Nostalgic.

I have started playing guitar in the past few months. I'm taking it seriously and plugging away at it every single day. I have learned about 5 songs at this point. My son says that he and I are campfire ready. There are tons of great Canadian Musicians currently to listen to but in my latest effort to learn "A Case of You" by Joni Mitchell (little tidbit according to Joni Mitchell's website 211 different artists have covered this song!?) has totally and completely humbled me and drawn me to her website where she actually gives tips and tabs to play her songs along with a whole bunch of other amazing stuff.

I have been going through her Library of videos on the site and I am seriously blown away by the cool strange little shows that CBC was doing to feature Canadian Musicians and I fell upon this gem called "Mon Pays, Mes Chansons" which was to feature Canadian Folk musician's music against the backdrop of Canadian Scenery. It may be some of the first videos EVER. I don't know but it is so beautiful and sort of campy and moving somehow.



    
Joni Mitchell - Born to Take The Highway from JoniMitchell.com on Vimeo.

2 comments:

  1. That so cool also she looks like she is wearing a chanel bag.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cassia! I know don't you love it ofcourse you would spot the Chanel bag and I think you're ABSOLUTELY right!

    ReplyDelete