Wednesday, March 7, 2012

STOP KONY!

Everybody knows that I am crazy about interior design and art and as I state in my profile: " I think that you can make a difference and inspire people by simply sharing your enthusiasm. I am passionate about design, good wholesome food, nature, children, arts and crafts, and the underdog. This is my blog about all of these things."

I made a promise to myself when I started this blog that it would be a positive inspiring place and that it would not be witty based on sarcasm and negativity. That's been easy enough to do but I haven't been able to incorporate "THE UNDERDOG" much into my little platform on the web. 

It just didn't seem to fit in to do a serious POST about bullying, war and children, abuses against women and other human rights abuses right beside "I'm Obsessed" (my addiction to Pinterest) but all of these things that upset me and that I am extremely passionate about stopping and/or changing are still REALLY IMPORTANT TO ME. This video moved me so much that I don't care if it doesn't fit it has to be shared.

TODAY on Art Day (which just proves the importance of Art to me once again) is the DAY  that I add a short movie/documentary on a subject that really really moves me and I want to do something about it even if it just sharing this video. 





It is a very difficult video to watch but take the time and in the end it will give you hope. I know the cynics will have something to say about this but I don't want to hear it. I am not naive. I was compelled by this video and if we can make a change with KONY what else could it snowball into. At least it is within my power to share this video and inspire people. In my heart these children are my children too. Let's make KONY WORLD NEWS it is that simple. Start today! Talk about it to your colleagues and friends share it whatever your platform. LET'S GO!
 
There are three things you can do right now:


1- Blog about it

2- Tweet it

3- Share it on Facebook

I've done all of these things! 

Then you can go to the link here and sign the pledge, donate and get the kit.

Remember Apartheid we thought there was nothing we could do and many people died but not in vain just think of Stephen Biko.  

No comments:

Post a Comment