Friday, March 2, 2012

Soundtrack of my Life...India Arie

On Fridays I always give you the gift of music but today rather than tell you about what playlist I discovered recently or what song or band I am crushing on I pulled out a song that has stood the test of time.

You know everybody has songs that define moments in their life and that fade and never stand the test of time but they're still fun when you hear them.

In this case though when I refer to the soundtrack of my life this means a song that I have loved at a moment in time but later on I actually crave the song again because it resonated with me so profoundly that is just like a boon for me.

This is one of them: India Arie "Get it Together"



I first really started loving India Arie when my daughter asked for the album "Acoustic Soul" when she was nine. I was so thrilled that she liked something other than the "Spice Girls" or "Britney Spears" that I ran out and got the album that same week.

In 2002 I took my daughter to the "Théatre St.Denis" for India Arie's "Voyage to India tour"  I will never forget that night and that album has been on our "agreed on" playlist ever since. Here are a few of my other favorites from that same album that is part of the soundtrack of our lives...

Talk to her

The Truth

There ain't no substitute for the truth
either it is or isn't
you see the truth it, needs no proof
either it is or it isnt
Now you know the truth by the way it feels



Complicated Melody 
To me this song is always dedicated to my son.

Have a Good Weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment