Wednesday, November 10, 2010

RAINBOW PARTIES

Over the past few months reading all these amazing and inspiring blogs I have realised that one of my favourite things to do is look at all the beautiful pictures. When I saw this rainbow party by Clare one of the ladies at mondocherry I thought of one person my stepdaughter.


She is like a little piece of rainbow. She is mostly sunshine and from what I understand from all the stories about the past she has always been obsessed with rainbows.



Rainbow skirt courtesy of Siobhan from hip Hooray
 She is crafty and gets really excited about little things.

 She challenges me and accepts me completely


We are a what you would call a blended family and we have not always had an easy time of it but we all love eachother very much and find great pleasure in getting to know eachother.



I count myself lucky to not only have two of my own kids but I am blessed with 2 beautiful girls that my handsome partner had in a previous relationship.


I invite you to join me in the cyber rainbow party in her honor.




Cheers to you kid with love from your stepmom (for lack of a better word). I wish we could find another better word for stepmom. I mean what does that even mean STEP??!)




 Party favors!
  So what will  you be asking me to make with you when you see this?


 As seen on Brown Button made by Holly!


Will you want to make party favors?


Will you want to bake a cake?




Or decorate? You let me know sweety it is your day! Happy Birthday!

6 comments:

  1. K and I read this together.
    What an amazing daughter WE ALL SHARE!
    Real beauty lies in the reflection of the eyes of those who see without judgement. Thank you for loving our two rainbows!
    -gin-
    Where there is love there is life.
    Mohandas Gandhi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am honored Gin (tears) Thank you for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely rainbow party! You are very lucky with your stepdaughter. She's a treasure! Have a gorgeous week ahead, Kellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kellie! She is! Have a good week as well! xxo

    ReplyDelete